Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Looking for cool in BIM? This is cool, not quite BIM;

Saying ‘cool’ when you are over forty is not cool.
Excellent, first rate is better, sometime ‘perfect’ when the result is really good.

I do find the file I’m about to upload pretty cool, even excellent!.

It is an interactive, 3D PDF file, download it, play with it!
You may think while you are reading this, that I am taking a bit of a break from serious subjects by playing with this file – trust me, there is substance here.

The digital ruler was animated because reading the story of the parallel-ruler I wrote about a couple of weeks ago,  a friend of mine thought it should be.
While  giving me a hand with jazzing the model up, he took the opportunity to express how much he enjoys working in 3D as opposed to 2D.

Him being a young guy, his stance  also fits in with another earlier post of mine, regarding the relationship between the age and attitude of people towards documenting buildings.

As a potential information user, I think the file is quite sleek – I like the way I can easily filter information out (or in) with a click of a button.
Add to that the size (very small) and usability (Adobe Reader).
Also  geography – the file moved from Middle East to Central Europe to New Zealand, to come back to the Middle East.


































Or email me zolna.murray@gmail.com and I’ll send it to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment