Saturday, December 31, 2011

Ignorance can be bliss, but should you really flaunt it publicly?


There.
Done it, not quite like running a Marathon, but I’ve completed the year of BIM-blogging.

What did I achieve with it, apart from securing an ‘outlet’ for some of the frustration that would have been most likely bottled up and/or released on people least deserving?

Although my children forbid me telling jokes in front of anyone whose opinion they care about I’m still going to quote one I heard recently:
Chap asks a priest: Father, can I confess?
Priest responds: sure son, you don’t have a FB page?

What good did this commitment to dream up a ‘225 word daily snippet’ do to anyone else?
(got me out of cooking dinner and mostly doing the dishes too).

I learned that the BIM question continues to be a puzzling one, not because it is so hard to make sense of it, but because it DOES make sense and yet remains almost a totally unworkable idea.
It is also the classic case of the ‘tail wagging the dog,’ archaic people, customs, systems and processes running the show with little space left for thinkers and innovators.

I stay positive, helped by little-gems of people and ideas twinkling at me from unexpected places.
Still, let me dedicate this post to those colleagues of mine that start their conversations with:
“I know nothing about BIM but....”

Happy New Year!


13 comments:

  1. I for one have truly enjoyed your contribution to my year. ;)

    I would like to see you continue the effort, but I know you may have other ideas.

    More often than not, your thoughts on BIM echo mine very closely.

    Thanks again for a year of commiseration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things for sticking to it for a full year, a big accomplishment. Although I don't always agree 100% with your opinions, they are interesting to hear. Knowing that you are very experienced and knowledgeable about the industry, field, technology and local market it helps me keep it all in perspective and give a unique insight that most don't always get.

    Hopefully we see a few posts in 2012.

    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another thanks here too.

    I don't always agree with you, but it is good to have another philosophical voice out there. I put this blog up there with Randy Deutsch. Do keep posting when you get the urge.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Dan! As you can see, hard to keep me away from it;
    Zolna

    ReplyDelete
  5. A passion for quality built in steel. State of the Art Steel Fabrication With a Total Commitment to Quality
    click here

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANK U FOR THE POST
    FOR MORE INFORMATION CLICK HERE

    autocad solutions IN USA

    ReplyDelete

  7. Thanks for sharing. Please do visit the link below.
    BIM Consulting

    ReplyDelete